Monday, November 16, 2009

Butn Pushn Teknohedz "Times Square Breaks"


A few years ago, whilst between projects, I had an idea to do a concept album
of avant-garde electronic music that would be serious and deep.
After I started working on those tracks, it became clear to me that I should instead
be a fake Puerto Rican duo in New York City called Butn Pushn Teknohedz.
The idea was to make fun and fancy free instrumental electro tracks, and I made them available for free to podcasters around the world, and the songs, such as "City Rock" and "City Beats," have been heard as far away as Australia, all under the auspices of being this underground duo called Butn Pushn Teknohedz.


One of the tracks, "Times Square Breaks" found its way into my iTunes playlist recently, so I thought I should finally give it, and Butn Pushn Teknohedz, its own video treatment.


I grabbed some public domain footage of Times Square, both day and night, and with the help of some enthusiastic and fantastic Korean breakdancers, we have a film for you.


Please enjoy. And keep rockin' them beats.


Robbie Ryan, aka Butn Pushn Teknohedz
November 2009



Butn Pushn Teknohedz on Myspace.

No comments: