Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Visit to JoMoX



An American called Oliver paid a visit to JoMoX in Berlin to hand pick up a signed Mbase 01.
JoMoX, if you aren't aware, are a small analogue instrument manufacturer from Germany who is
mostly, apparently, Juergen Michealis.
I have also used an Mbase01 since 2005 and absolutely love it. It's the one piece of kit I would never
replace and it has certainly added quite a 'zing' to the drumbeats I make with my Roland R8M.
Thankfully, Oliver shot and edited video of his visit, which I have posted below.
My only wish at this point would be a JoMoX Snare-drum module, featuring 808,909, and CR78 style
snares. Juergen is working on a large circuit board for a new product in this video, but it's too big to be
a small module like the Mbase. One can only hope.
Watch the monitor rumble as he runs the guitar through the T-Resonator. Whoa!
It's amazing he gets something so musical out of that thing.

Wire to the Ear takes you to Jomox. from wiretotheear on Vimeo.

No comments: