Sunday, October 11, 2009

ILAB Report: 4ms Pedals Bend Matrix


Recently I met up with Dan Green of 4msPedals and I got a demonstration of his
"Joy Toy," The Bend Matrix, which is an analogue, MIDI-capable
box that sends MIDI note numbers to trigger sounds made by old children's toys.



I had never seen anything like it, but if you watch the interview he'll tell you that it's not technically a circuit bent device. Everything, as he says, is working as it's should, but the step sequencer is just making it do things in a crazy way. If any one out there uses it in proper compostions, I'd love to hear audio examples or see videos as I think it's a very interesting sound and can impart a certain flavour in certain genres of music. Here's the video.



If you like it and would like to purchase it, please click on the following links.
(All friends but not sponsors of this blog.)
4ms Pedals.
Analogue Haven.
Big City Music.

No comments: